LINKS AND RESOURCES
We handpicked these links/resources in order to help you understand brain injury better. Please also feel free to email any time at or connect on social media.
This page will be continually updated, so continue to check back!
FINDING SUPPORT AFTER DIAGNOSIS
(Join them. You'll be glad you did, because there are so many others who "get it" in these groups!)
UNDERSTANDING BRAIN INJURY
Signs and Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury - explanation of the symptoms you may see in someone post TBI
(pdf from CDC - super helpful!)
Traumatic Brain Injury: Hope Through Research - from National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
(a lot of research......thick to read through but interesting if you like that sort of thing!)
CTE Hope - a website about and for support for CTE
FEELING BETTER WITH BRAIN INJURY
- CDC ***Important resources you can use!!***
- Reuters - Resting your brain is so important!!
*** important for TBI survivors in terms of repeat concussions!!!
- simple explanation on the way alcohol negatively impacts healing from TBI
COMMON SYMPTOMS (AND HOW TO COPE)
- BrainLine.org - explanation on how Anger happens after TBI - includes helpful "Self-Control Strategies"
- BrainLine.org - explains why we are so tired and gives helpful suggestions.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke